Elgar - Conducts 'The Dream Of Gerontius'
Type: Vinyl, LP, Reissue
Date of released: 1982
Style: Modern br>
|The Dream Of Gerontius, Op. 38|
|A3||Rescue Him, O Lord|
|A4||...Go, In The Name|
|B1||Praise To The Holiest|
|B2||And Now The Threshold|
|B3||Jesu! By That Shuddering Dread|
|B4||Take Me Away|
- Record Company – Pavilion Records Ltd.
- Recorded At – Royal Albert Hall
- Pressed By – Grampian Records Ltd., Annan
- Mastered At – Spectrum Sound
- Licensed From – EMI Music Ltd.
- Distributed By – Qualiton Imports Ltd., N.Y.
- Baritone Vocals – Herbert Heyner
- Chorus – Royal Choral Society*
- Composed By, Conductor – Sir Edward Elgar
- Contralto Vocals – Margaret Balfour
- Lacquer Cut By – Brian East
- Orchestra – Royal Albert Hall Orchestra
- Reissue Producer – Keith Hardwick
- Sleeve Notes – Jerrold Northrop Moore
- Tenor Vocals – Steuart Wilson
- Transferred By – Anthony Griffith
NotesHistorical recording from the performance at the Royal Albert Hall on 26th February 1927, which includes the unpublished prelude.
The matrix numbers for the individual tracks are printed on both the sleeve and the labels.
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Matrix / Runout (Side A Runout etched): OPAL 810 A GRAMPIAN
- Matrix / Runout (Side B Runout etched): OPAL 810 B GRAMPIAN
- Rights Society: MCPS